Water Waste Prohibitions Currently in Effect
No water furnished by the City shall be wasted. Waste of water includes but is not limited to the following:
- Washing of sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots and other hard-surfaced areas by direct hosing.
- Customer water leaks: customer has 72 hours after discovery to fix the leak.
- Excessive run-off or unreasonable over-spray of the areas being irrigated.
- Washing cars, boats, trailers or other vehicles and machinery directly with a hose not equipped with a shutoff nozzle.
- Water for non-recycling decorative water fountains.
- Water for non-recycling evaporative cooling systems for air conditioning installed after April 28, 2021, unless required for health or safety reasons.
- Initial or re-filling a swimming pool is prohibited after May 28, 2021.