The Building Department is responsible for:
- Accepting permit applications for residential and commercial building projects
- Conducting building plan reviews
- Issuing building permits
- Conducting site and building inspections
- Ensuring compliance with building codes
Forms, Fees & Submittal Requirements
- Building Permit Applications can be obtained online: http://cloverdale.net/64/Building-Department or in carbon-copy triplicate, from the Building Department at 124 North Cloverdale Boulevard.
- Building permit fees are based upon the value of the proposed improvements and are due at the time of permit submittal. An estimate may be provided upon request.
- To request a permit extension, you must submit a Building Permit Extension Form (PDF).
- To facilitate permit issuance, review the submittal requirements for Tenant Improvements (PDF) and Building Permits (PDF) prior to submittal.
The Building Department conducts building inspections and plan check reviews Monday through Thursday from 2 to 4 pm. Special arrangements are made well in advance for inspections outside this timeframe and may require an additional fee. Requests for inspections must be made at least 24 hours in advance to guarantee the inspection. Inspection requests can be made over the counter or by telephone at 707-894-1725 or 707-894-1701. Find out when to call for an inspection (PDF).
Building Code Resources & Forms
- Authorization to Duplicate and Release Construction Documents (PDF)
- Nuisance Identification Form (PDF)
- Building Permit Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Solar Photovoltaic Redwood Empire Association of Code Officials (REACO) Guidelines (PDF)
- Sonoma County Roofing Guidelines (PDF)
- California Building Standards Commission Website
- CalGreen Resources (Codes and Educational Material)
- California’s Carbon Monoxide Prevention Act of 2010 (PDF)
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Self Certification Form (PDF)
- Patio Cover Sample Drawing (PDF)