The Wastewater Division has two full-time employees who are certified by the State of California as Wastewater Treatment Operators as well as holding Water Treatment and Water Distribution Certifications. Operations are financed and operated in a manner like private business enterprise where the intent of the governing body is for the costs (including depreciation) of providing sewer services to the public on a continuing basis to be financed or recovered through user charges.
The goal of the Wastewater Division is to:
- Protect the health and welfare of the community by insuring the continuous uninterrupted operation of the wastewater collection and transmission system.
- Provide appropriate economical maintenance and repair of wastewater collection and transmission systems and appurtenances.
- Provide operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant that provides secondary treatment and disposal in compliance with Waste Discharge Requirements and NPDES permit No. CA0022977.
- Wastewater Division operates, maintains, and repairs the following:
- Sanitary sewer collection system
- 1 lift station
- 33 miles of sewer mains
- Treats approximately 200-220 million gallons of wastewater annually
The sewer mains and lift stations convey residential, commercial, and industrial wastewater into the treatment facility, wastewater is treated at our Wastewater facility located on Asti Road. Our team Respond to calls for blockage problems concerning the collection system. The city maintains the sewer main sewer lines in the collection system. Residents/businesses are responsible for sewer service laterals from the house/business to the city main sewer line in the street.