City Council Student Liaison
In an effort to increase youth participation in local government, the Joint City/Cloverdale Unified School District Subcommittee has developed a Student-City Council Liaison position to gain student participation at monthly City Council meetings and serve as a youth voice for the community. The Student-City Council Liaison is an annual position for a one school-year term. Duties include: Act as liaison between the City Council and the High School for a one school-year term, Assist in special projects, Serve as a role model for younger youth, and Provide periodic updates to the School/Student Council on current projects and activities.
- Be at least entering into 11th grade and maintain at least a 2.0 GPA; and
- Complete and submit a City of Cloverdale Student Liaison Application Form; and
- Be successfully chosen for the Student-City Council Liaison position by the Joint City/Cloverdale Unified School District Subcommittee; and
- If selected, serve as Student-City Council Liaison for one school-year term, to be appointed in August of each year.
In order to qualify for the $500 scholarship, you must satisfactory complete the following:
- Plan to attend college
- All requirements outlined on page 1 and 2 of the application form and City of Cloverdale Resolution No. 029-2013 (attached to application).
- Submit a scan or copy of your college acceptance papers, including the name of college you’re attending. In addition, include your current mailing address and contact information. This material can be dropped off at City Hall, Attention: City Clerk or by email to email@example.com.
- You are required to attend one assigned City Council meeting each month. If unable to attend due to health or school related assignment, you must call and advise the Cloverdale City Clerk prior to the meeting.
- Toward the end of the school semester, normally May, you agree to participate in a City press conference, which may include having your picture taken, to promote the program and thank our scholarship sponsors.
To apply, submit a scan or copy of your college acceptance papers, including the name of college you’re attending. In addition, include your current mailing address and contact information. This material can be dropped off at City Hall, Attention: City Clerk
Student Liaison Application Form