Office of the City Clerk
The City Clerk’s office strives to provide exceptional service to City of Cloverdale residents, the City Council, City staff, and other public agencies. Our primary goal is to preserve the public’s trust in government by ensuring the City’s legislative processes are transparent, accurate and timely; safeguarding the legislative history of the city; administering open elections; and delivering timely information.
The primary functions of the Office include:
- Local compliance officer for federal, state, and local statutes including the Political Reform Act, the Brown Act, the Public Records Act, and ethics training
- City Council, Planning Commission, and Council Subcommittee support and meeting administration including the preparation, publication and distribution of legal notices and legislative agendas
- Documenting, maintaining, and disseminating all actions of the City Council, Planning Commission, and Subcommittees including action minutes, ordinances, resolutions, proclamations, agreements/contracts, deeds, bonds, correspondence, reports, and official documents
- Oath of Office administration for new employees and elected officials
- Serve as the City's Election Official and certify election results; conduct the municipal election in coordination with the Sonoma County Registrar of Voters
- Serve as the City's Filing Officer and Filing Official for conflict of interest statements and local campaign statements
- Custodian of City records and administration of the City-wide records management program including recordation, preservation, and maintenance of the City’s Legislative History
- Serve as custodian of official City records
- Maintain custody of the official City seal.
- Perform required duties under the City's Emergency Operations Plan