Applications & Permits
The Planning/Community Development Department assists the public by providing information on land use, zoning, and site development standards and processing applications for land use permits and subdivisions.
There are two types of Short-Term Rentals, also known as Vacation Rentals, that are allowed within the City.
- Hosted Vacation Rentals (PDF) are allowed within all commercial and residential zones upon approval of a planning application for a Plot Plan Review (PDF).
- Non-Hosted Vacation Rentals (PDF) are allowed within commercial zones upon approval of a planning application for a Conditional Use Permit (PDF).
Please contact a Planner at 707-894-1726 to find out what zone your property is located in, and to ask any other questions you may have about the short-term rental permitting process.
Forms & Fees
Requests for new development must submit a completed application as well as the applicable fee prior to commencing project review.
- Planning Entitlement Application Online
- Authorization to Duplicate and Release Construction Documents (PDF)
- Development Impact Fees (PDF)
- Master Fee Schedule
Submittal Requirements & Permit Procedures
In order to better assist the public, the Department has prepared the following permit procedures which outline the application submittal requirements and provide a general overview of the review process.
- Annexation (PDF)
- Commercial Development Design Guidelines (PDF)
- Conditional Use Permit (PDF)
- Design Review (PDF)
- Fence Height Regulations/Requirements (PDF)
- General Plan Amendment (PDF)
- Home Occupation Permit - apply through the Business License portal
- Industrial Development Design Guidelines (PDF)
- Invasive Plant List (PDF)
- Lot Line Adjustment (PDF)
- Native Plant List (PDF)
- Plot Plan Review (PDF)
- PUD Permit (PDF)
- Residential Development Design Guidelines (PDF)
- Rezone/Prezone (PDF)
- Sign Regulations (PDF)
- Site Plan Example (PDF)
- Subdivision (PDF)
- Telecommunication Facilities Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Tentative Map Subdivision Checklist (PDF)
- Variance (PDF)
- Hosted Vacation Rental (PDF)
- Non-Hosted Vacation Rental (PDF)